Full Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communication, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions, and by entering this promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Nestlé UK Ltd, Nestlé Confectionery (UK), York, YO91 1XY.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ENTRIES TO THIS ADDRESS.
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) who are customers of participating Vue cinemas. 18+.
- This promotion excludes employees and the immediate families of Vue Cinemas, Nestlé UK Ltd ("the Promoter"), its affiliated companies, agents, or anyone else professionally connected to the promotion.
- No purchase necessary.
- Mobile phone access required and entrants must have a mobile phone able to send and receive messages to/from 5-digit short codes. Users on virtual mobile networks may not be able to text the short code. Please check with your network provider.
- Maximum of 1 entry per person. Anyone entering or to be found entering more than once, using multiple handsets, multiple identities or computerised or automated systems will be disqualified from the promotion.
- Conduct of entry: The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant found to be tampering with the text entry process or the operation of the promotion; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive.
- Anyone trying to circumvent the rules stated in these Terms & Conditions by using alternative details will be disqualified from this promotion.
- Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups, agents, third parties or syndicates will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of programmes, applications, scripts, alias accounts, brute force or any other automated means, that person's claim(s) will be disqualified, and any prize(s) awarded will be void.
- The promotional period opens at 00:00 on 06.04.23 and closes at 23:59 on 04.05.23. All valid entries during this period will be entered into a prize draw and 1 winner will be drawn at random on 05.05.2023.
- Any entries received outside of the promotional period will not be accepted into the Prize Draw and may incur a charge.
- To enter the prize draw for the chance to win, participants must:
- Text the word VUE to 80800 during the promotional period. Texts are free of charge.
- Entrants will receive an automatic confirmational text to confirm entry into the prize draw.
- The winner will be drawn at random via an independently verified process, from all valid entries at the end of the promotional period.
- Only the winner will be contacted.
- Entrants are advised to take care when typing and entering the text code and entry details. The Promoter is not responsible for typographical errors or incorrect texts which may be charged at your standard network rate. Only correct entries that have followed the instructions and guidelines will be accepted. Capital letters or lower-case letters will both be accepted. For the avoidance of doubt, spelling mistakes will be disqualified. Attempted additional entries will not be included in the prize draw. Persistent abuse will result in immediate disqualification without notification.
- Text messages are free of charge. However, any errors could be charged at the relevant network provider's standard network rate and may not be included within the prepaid text package (as fees vary by network provider). Please double check with the bill payer before entering. Entries received after the closing date will not be entered and may still be charged.
- The Promoter and their agents reserve the right, but not the obligation to monitor and review all entries and content submitted, and to remove or refuse to take forward as an entry, any content submitted that the Promoter does not deem in its sole discretion to be appropriate, contains distasteful or offensive content, or which the Promoter deems to violate any of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to report any content violations to the appropriate authorities.
- All entries are therefore subject to verification and interrogation. Please retain the entry confirmation text as it may be required for fulfilment and verification purposes. Entry information may not be sold or exchanged. Other manufacturer's information, references or printing errors do not constitute entry information. In the event of suspicious activity, the Promoter reserves the right to request evidence to confirm the legitimacy of the entry.
- Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else's behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter's discretion.
- Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete, illegible, invalid, mis-directed or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- Text messages received from the Promoter will be at the Promoter's cost.
- There is a total of one (1) prize available to be won during the entire promotional period.
- The prize is for 2 people and consists of the following: 2 x return economy class flights from UK to Los Angeles (indirect routes can be offered from regional airports or a direct service from London Heathrow. Regional departures include Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow and Edinburgh), return airport transfers in L.A., 4-night stay in 4* Hotel accommodation (Twin or Double room available) including £160 breakfast allowance total, room taxes and/or resort fees and £1,000 spending money (in total) plus one full day admission to Universal Studios including Studio Tour for winner plus guest (Winner and guest will be responsible for arranging travel to and from Universal Studios). Restrictions apply, including but not limited to American Public Holidays, private hire and other special events. See all restricted travel dates in clause 22 below. The £1,000 spending money will be issued via BACs transfer. The winner must provide all relevant bank details for BACS payment to Cloud Nine Incentives, including their Account Name, Bank, Account Number and Sort Code.
- The prize is valid for travel until 30th June 2024. Travel cannot be taken over 2023 and 2024 Oscar Award dates, UK school holidays, UK public holidays, American public holidays or between the following dates: 20th December 2023 to 2nd January 2024 and 25th March 2024 to 8th April 2024. Booking subject to availability and will be discussed with the winner as part of the booking and prize fulfilment.
- Please allow, where possible, a minimum of 6 weeks' notice in which to book your prize – please allow for more time if possible.
- The prize package must be taken as a whole. Flights and hotel cannot be redeemed separately. The winner and their guest must travel together on the same flight to/from the prize destination and stay in the same hotel room.
- All travellers must have a valid passport and have all necessary and relevant vaccinations and visas to travel to the prize destination. All passports must have an expiry date no less than 9 months following the dates of travel, unless otherwise specified by a pertinent regulation. All vaccination, testing, passports and visa requirements are at the sole discretion of the winner and their guest.
- Winner and their guest must ensure they are eligible to visit the USA and have no restrictions that would impede visa approval or entry restrictions set out by the US Customs and Immigration. These also include previously visited countries which may prevent future access into the USA. Please keep up to date with the latest travel guidelines here: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa/entry-requirements.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is included as part of the prize; however it does not cover pre-existing medical conditions. In the event that cover is not granted, an equivalent cash allowance will be provided so that adequate cover can be sought, up to the value of £100 per person. This will be the prize winner's responsibility and proof of insurance will be required prior to departure. Upper age limits apply.
- The winner and guest are responsible for all expenses not expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions as being included as part of the prize. All other costs and expenses incurred from the holiday including, but not limited to Covid-19 PCR testing, additional travel, transfers to the UK airport, additional excursions not listed in these Terms & Conditions, visas, vaccines (if applicable), upgrades to accommodation, meals and drinks outside of the breakfast allocation, spending money outside of the allocated £1,000, tips and other gratuities are the winner's and their guest's own responsibility.
- The prize winner or their guest (one of whom must be over 18) will need to have a current and valid credit card to check-in at their hotel accommodation for security deposit purposes. The Promoter will take no responsibility for this.
- Any changes made to the booking following confirmation will incur an amendment charge, which will need to be covered by the winner.
- All prizes are non-negotiable, non-refundable, and non-transferable. No cash or Travellers Cheque alternatives will be offered in whole or in part and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or any part of the main prize for an item of equal or greater value due to circumstance outside of the Promoter's control, should any element of the prize be unavailable. Unless otherwise agreed in writing in exceptional circumstances by the Promoter, the prize will only be awarded directly to the winner.
Winner selection and notification
- All valid entries received during the promotional period will be entered into the prize draw.
- The winner and 9 reserves will be drawn via an independently audited and verified prize draw selection process from all genuine, valid entries received by the closing date.
- The winner will be notified via text within 3 working days of the draw taking place, giving instructions on the next steps for the prize claim process. The winner will have 14 days to claim their prize from this initial contact. The Promoter will request the winners' personal details via a secure link including; their name, address, confirmation of their mobile number, proof of age and email address to assist with verification and fulfilment of their prize.
- Inaccurate information may result in the prize being forfeited. Please retain winning communication.
- The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to contact the winner (3 attempts), however, if the winner has not responded to notification within 14 days of initial contact attempt, or if the selected winner if ineligible, rejects their prize, is otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions, or unable to take up the prize for any other reason, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize, re-allocate the prize and select the reserve next in line, as detailed as a reserve from the original prize draw. These reserve(s) will be contacted in the same process. If a winner has not responded to any communication and the prize has not been awarded and after reasonable attempts to contact them all then the prize has therefore not been successfully claimed, and will be null and void. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their connections during this time in case they are a winner.
- It is the responsibility of the winner to supply the correct personal information (outlined above) to claim their prize. Failure to accept the contact will result in the prize being returned to the prize provider. The Promoter will not be held liable for non-delivery of any prize due to the provision of incorrect information at the entry or claim process.
- For any assistance needed with claiming your prize, please contact Nestlé Consumer Services either by email at consumer.services@UK.nestle.com or by telephone on Freephone on 0800 6378 5385 with your concerns.
- The Promoter shall have sole and final determination as to which entries are genuine and therefore eligible to take part in this promotion. The Promoter's decision is final and binding with regards to all promotional matters.
- The Promoter is not responsible for the acts or defaults of third-party suppliers but will endeavour to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Limitations of liability: Neither the Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected to the promotion, assume any responsibility or liability for:
- Any faulty, incorrect, erroneous or failed electronic data transmissions;?
- Any unauthorised access to entry details at any point in the operation of this promotion.
- Any difficulties in entering or claiming, any entries/claims delayed or corrupted or any loss arising out of such an event;
- Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regards to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of this promotion.
- Inaccessibility or unavailability of mobile signal, the internet or any combination thereof. The Promoter cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access to the text system.
- If, for any other reason, any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reasons of infection by system virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion or invalidate any entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for proof of address and identity details (passport, driving licence or equivalent), which they must provide within 7 calendar days and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement, and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion's entry requirements or otherwise, where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter for all decisions, which are final and binding. It will not respond to any correspondence.
- By taking part in the promotion the prize winners agree that the Promoter may contact them to ask for their consent as to whether they want to participate in reasonable marketing activities and publicity relating to the promotion. Such publicity may include, without limitation, the entrants' name and/or if consent given, image or statements made by entrants concerning the promotion and/or prizes obtained as part of the promotion. Winners are not obliged to agree to any request.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the maximum allowable by law.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of the participating country but any disputes as to the meaning of these terms will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the participant's local courts.