Full Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communication, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions, and by entering this promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
- Open to legal residents of GB (England, Scotland and Wales) aged 18 years or over, excluding employees and the immediate families of the Promoter, John Lewis plc, their affiliated companies, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- Internet access required.
- No purchase necessary; however a valid Instagram account and access to the internet are required. If you do not have an Instagram account, you will need to create one in order to participate. Please see www.instagram.com for more details. All entries will be subject to the Terms of Service for Instagram which are available online at www.instagram.com.
- A maximum of one entry per person during the promotional period.
- The entrant entering the promotion must be the owner of the Instagram account used.
Any entries received from private accounts will not be entered due to privacy restrictions. To enter from a private account you must amend your account settings to a public account in order for the entry to be accepted. The account must remain public during the promotion and for a few days after the end of the promotion to be contacted in the event your entry is a winning entry.
- Conduct of entry: The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the promotion; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive.
- Promotion open 27.09.23 and closes at 23:59 on 09.01.24. Entries received outside of this time will not be included in the prize draw.
- To enter, entrants must visit the Quality Street stand at participating John Lewis stores and take a photo of themselves sat in front of the Quality Street wall and share this on Instagram using #QualityStreetAtJL and tagging @qualitystreet.
Oxford Street, London 27.09.23 to 04.01.24 The Centre MK, Milton Keynes 12.10.23 to 05.01.24 Bluewater, Kent 06.10.23 to 27.12.23 Downing Street Grand Arcade, Cambridge 07.10.23 to 05.01.24 John Street, Liverpool 10.10.23 to 03.01.24 The Hayes, Cardiff 13.10.23 to 08.01.24
- Group photos shall be permitted but only where you have sought the permission of all those featured in the photo. Pictures taken of a group can be used by other members of the group as an entry provided the uploaded photo is on their own individual Instagram account and therefore deemed as an entry by them.
- Duplicate photos can be used as mentioned above, but only by other members of the group who have given their consent, are in the picture and post the picture on their personal Instagram account as their entry. Anyone trying to circumvent this condition by using alternative details or setting up multiple Instagram accounts to try and circumvent the one entry per person condition will be disqualified.
- There is a maximum of one (1) win per household.
- All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of 'script', 'brute force', masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant's entries into the promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the promotion, that entrant's entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- Moderation: All entries will be strictly monitored by the Promoter. The Promoter and their agents reserve the right to reject any entries for any reason in their sole discretion and the Promoter will reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
- Contains any content that is offensive or could reflect negatively on the name, reputation, or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner.
- Includes trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by the entrant or used without the right holder's prior written permission (including famous names, company names, etc.).
- defames, misrepresents, or insults other people or companies, including, but not limited to the Promoter (including its partners).
- Promotes any political agenda or message and/ or is discriminative of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, or be profane or obscene.
- Contains activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous.
- is deemed to be distasteful, degrading or will in any way cause offence.
- Contains messages or images of third parties who have not expressly consented to feature in promotion.
- The Promoter and their agents reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor and review the content submitted, and to remove or refuse to take forward as an entry any content submitted that the Promoter does not deem, in its sole discretion, to be appropriate, or which the Promoter deems to violate any of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to report any content violations to the appropriate authorities.
- All entries must conform to Instagram guidelines and terms and conditions.
- Entrants must only upload the photo that was taken featuring themselves, or themselves as part of a consenting group sat on the seat front of the Quality Street wall
- The person who has uploaded the photo/comment is for the avoidance of doubt the individual who is the one who is allowed to enter into the promotion. The same photo can be used for entries from other people within the group provided it is uploaded on their own Instagram account.
- There will be 6 prizes available in total. Each prize consists of; 1 x £50 John Lewis e-gift card, 1 x Quality Street Coffee Crème Cracker 352g, 1 x Quality Street John Lewis Exclusive Heritage Design Tin 1.2kg, 1 x Quality Street Purple One glass bauble, 1 x Quality Street Fudge glass bauble, 1 x Quality Street Strawberry Dream glass bauble, 1 x Quality Street Green Triangle glass bauble and 1 x Quality Street Caramel Swirl glass bauble.
- John Lewis e-Gift Card Terms and Conditions
- The John Lewis Partnership e-gift card can be redeemed in John Lewis or Waitrose shops and online at johnlewis.com or waitrose.com as part or full payment for goods (exclusions apply).
- Protect your e-gift card and treat it as cash; lost, stolen or damaged cards will not be replaced, or exchanged for physical gift cards or cash.
- e-gift cards will expire 24 months from issue or last use. Making a purchase or a balance enquiry refreshes the 24-month expiry period.
- e-gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash. No change or refund will be given, except in accordance with your statutory rights. Any balance remaining on the card may be applied to future purchases, provided the card has not expired.
- e-gift cards cannot be used to discharge indebtedness in respect of an account card or credit card issued by John Lewis plc, Waitrose Limited or John Lewis Financial Services Limited, nor can it be used for the purchase either directly or indirectly of any financial product or service.
- For full terms and conditions and balance enquiries visit johnlewis.com/customer-services.
- The winners must be 18 years+.
- The prizes are non-transferable or exchangeable.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- The Promoter cannot be held responsible for any third party products or services.
Winner Selection & Notification / fulfilment
- All valid entrants who upload a photo of themselves sat in front of the John Lewis Quality Street wall (available in participating John Lewis stores) during the promotional period on their own Instagram account with the correct #QualityStreetAtJL and tagging @qualitystreet will be entered into the prize draw.
- 6 winners (and 2 reserves) will be chosen at random via an independently verified computer draw process within 7 days of the promotional close date.
- The Winners will be contacted by Quality Street via a message under their original entry on Instagram within 3 standard working days of the draw and will be required to respond via direct message on Instagram to give certain information plus acceptance of the prize within 3 days of initial contact. Inaccurate information may result in the prize being forfeited. In the event any winner does not respond to communications within the 3 days of initial contact, rejects their prize, is otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions, or unable to take up their prize for any other reason, the Promoter reserves the right to forfeit and withhold the prize from this potential winner and allocate that prize to an alternative reserve winner selected at the same time as the original. These reserve(s) will be contacted in the same process. If a winner has not responded to any communication and the prize has not been awarded after attempts to contact the initial winner and the 2 reserves, then the prize has therefore not been successfully claimed, and will be deemed null and void.
- On completion of the validation process, a member of the Nestlé Customer Service team will be in touch via email to arrange your prize. The prizes will arrive within 28 days of the completion of the verification process.
- Anyone, who in the Promoter's absolute discretion, is acting in a manner that undermines the operation and integrity of the promotion or in any way which gives an unfair advantage will be disqualified and any persons seeking to use such information gained will be disqualified.
- Limitations of liability: insofar as permitted by law, the Promoter does not assume any responsibility for:
- Any faulty, incorrect, failed or erroneous electronic data transmissions;
- Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computer or provider utilised in any aspect of this promotion;
- entries lost, damaged or delayed. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt
- Inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or any website/social media site or any combination thereof.
- If for any reason the promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries but will endeavour to minimize the effect to entrants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions, such as a change to a venue or an alteration or cancellation of an event, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- By entering the promotion the entrant agrees that the Promoter may contact them to ask whether they want to participate in publicity relating to the promotion. Winners are not obliged to agree to any request.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. The entrant accepts/understands that you are providing your information to the Promoter and that Instagram have no liability for any element of this promotion.
- By entering this promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for proof of address, age and identity details (passport, driving licence or equivalent), which must be provided within 7 calendar days and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement, and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion's entry requirements or otherwise, where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- The Promoter shall have sole and final determination as to which entries are genuine and therefore eligible to take part in this promotion. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or otherwise unenforceable, then its shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- The promotion and these Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Nestlé UK Ltd, Nestlé Confectionery (UK), York, YO91 1XY
* NOT OPEN TO EMPLOYEES OF JOHN LEWIS. GB RESIDENTS ONLY. 18+. To enter, take a photo of yourself sat in front of our Quality Street wall at participating John Lewis stores and share this on Instagram using #QualityStreetAtJL and tagging @qualitystreet. No purchase necessary. A valid, public Instagram account and access to the internet are required. Max. 1 entry/person. Max. 1 win/household. Closes 23:59 on 09.01.24. 6 prizes available to be won in total from all valid entries. Each prize consists of; 1 x £50 John Lewis e-gift card, 1 x Quality Street Coffee Crème Cracker 352g, 1 x Quality Street John Lewis Exclusive Heritage Design Tin 1.2kg and 5 x Quality Street decorative glass baubles. Full T&Cs inc. exclusions at www.nestle-promotions.co.uk/quality-street. Promoter: Nestlé UK Ltd, Nestlé Confectionery (UK), York, YO91 1XY