Full Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communication, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions, and by entering this promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Nestlé UK Ltd, Nestlé Confectionery (UK), York, YO91 1XY.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ENTRIES TO THIS ADDRESS.
- This promotion is open to United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), residents aged 18+ only and excludes employees and the immediate families of J Sainsbury plc and Nestlé UK Ltd (“the Promoter”), its affiliated companies, agents or anyone else professionally connected to the promotion.
- No purchase necessary. Internet access required.
- There is a maximum of 1 x prize type per person and a maximum of 1 x prize type per household available to be won.
- Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups, agents, third parties or syndicates will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this or any other condition by, for example, the use of programme, application, script, brute force or any other automated means, that person's entries will be disqualified, and any prize awarded will be void.
- The promotion is open from 1st December 2023 to 24th December 2023.
- Access to the QR code featured in selected Sainsbury's stores is only available within selected stores when open. Daily store hours will vary, check your local store for details. See appendix for store list.
- To enter, for your chance to win either a £20 Sainsbury's e-gift card (winning moment daily prizes) or 1 x £1,000 cash prize (main prize draw), participants must:
- Use a smartphone to scan the QR code featured on the Quality Street® instore marketing in selected Sainsbury's stores during the promotional period.
- Entrants must then find the Quality Street® tub in the store using their smartphone camera, match it with the Quality Street® tub frame featured on screen and, once aligned, entrants must tap the mobile display to find out if they've won. A display will then unfold on the screen which will infom the entrant if they have won or not.
- Winners must fill in their personal details including, full name, email address and mobile number via the online form immediately in order to claim and receive their Sainsbury's e-gift card via email. Winners will also be automatically entered into the main prize draw.
- For entrants who have not won a daily prize, an entry form will load on screen and they can enter their personal details including, full name, email address and mobile to be entered into the main prize draw for the chance to win £1,000 at the end of the promotion.
- There are 600 x £20 Sainsbury's e-gift cards available to be won via winning moments augmented reality platform (25 x per day during the promotional period).
- Each Sainsbury's e-gift card is valid for a total of 12 months from date of issue.
- Sainsbury's e-gift Cards cannot be used towards Branded Gift Cards, lottery related products, PayPoint products and services, Stage 1 Infant Formula milk, Tobacco and related products, Postage stamps, all in store concessions, Petrol and Diesel, Mobile phone top ups and travel money.
- Sainsbury's e-gift Cards can be used to purchase products in all Sainsbury's stores, including TU clothing and homeware, as well as in Sainsbury's coffee shops. E-gift Cards are redeemable online for Sainsbury's Online Groceries only and cannot be used to pay for delivery charges.
- No cash alternative will be offered. The prize is non-negotiable, non- transferable and non-refundable in part or in full.
- There is 1 x £1,000 cash prize available to be won in a prize draw at the end of the promotional period paid via BACS to the winner's UK bank account.
- 601 prizes available to be won in total.
Winner selection and notification
Augmented Reality Platform
- During the promotional period, the £20 Sainsbury's e-gift card prizes have been randomly allocated and linked to open 'winning moments' (days,hours,minutes, seconds) which have been randomly pre-selected by a secure independently verified computer programme. There are 600 winning moments available throughout the main promotional period, 25 a day for 24 days. The first person to enter to match their Quality Street® tub on the augmented reality platform on or after the allocated winning moment will have been deemed to have won the £20 Sainsbury's e-gift card prize. All platform instant win prizes will roll over from day to day and week to week, until the end of the promotion and thus are available to be won but not all may be won.
- Winners of the Sainsbury's e-gift card will be notified instantly on the platform and they must enter their personal details as indicated on the screen immediately and submit for verification in order to redeem their prize.
- Following successful verification the £20 Sainsbury's e-gift cards will be issued electronically within 7 days following win verification and will be supplied to winners via the email address provided on the platform.
- Any winning moment prizes remaining at the end of the promotional period will be declared null and void unless claimed.
- In the instance that a winner is notified on screen, but does not input their details to receive their prize immediately and/or their winning page expires, the prize will be declared 'lost'.
- For assistance with claiming your prize, please contact Nestlé Consumer Services either by email at email@example.com or by telephone on Freephone 00800 6378 5385.
- For the main prize draw of £1,000, a winner and 2 reserves will be randomly selected from all genuine, valid entries received throughout the promotion, via an independently verified computer programme. The draw will take place during week commencing 01.01.2024.
- The winner of the £1,000 cash prize will be subject to a full verification process. The winner will be contacted via the email address provided on entry within 5 days of the prize draw, and will be asked to provide evidence of identity and eligibility in order to claim their prize. County of residence will be requested for the purpose of the winners list if no objection is received. If the winner does not respond to the initial contact and subsequent contact within 14 days, the Promotor reserves the right to disqualify that entrant and the reserve will be contacted. If after 3 attempts (1 winner, 2 reserves), the prize is not successfully claimed then the prize will be declared null and void. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their email account during this time in case they are the winner.
- The £1,000 cash prize will be issued via BACs transfer. The winner must provide all relevant UK bank details for the BACs payment after verification including their Account Name, Bank, Account Number and Sort Code via a secure GDPR tool. This will be paid within 28 days of receipt of valid details.
- Incomplete, ineligible, misdirected or invalid entries received outside the promotional period will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- The Promoter's decision is final with regard to all promotional matters.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- All entrants will be required to provide a genuine email address that is personal, valid and accessible throughout the promotion. In the event that the specified information is not provided or is incorrect or an alias, the entry may be considered incomplete and therefore the Promoter reserves the right to invalidate the entry.
- In the event of an email address becoming inaccessible during the promotion, the Promoter is not able to retrieve and amend any existing entries to a new email address. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for any winner failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
- Limitations of liability: Neither the Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected to the promotion, assume any responsibility or liability for:
- Any incorrect or inaccurate entry, or for any faulty, erroneous or failed electronic data transmissions;
- Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regards to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of this promotion;
- Inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or the online form or any combination thereof;
- Any damage, injury or loss of earnings incurred directly or indirectly in relation to this promotion.
- Conduct of entry: The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant found to be tampering with the QR code entry process or the operation of the promotion; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the Terms & Conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive.
If, due to unforeseen circumstances, a prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize for it, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the prizes will only be awarded directly to the winners.
- If, for any reason, any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (passport, driving licence or equivalent) which they must provide within 14 calendar days and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement, and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion's entry requirements or otherwise, where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter for all decisions, which are final and binding. It will not respond to any correspondence.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of the participating country and any disputes as to the meaning of these terms will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the participant's local courts.
Live participating stores:
KINGS LYNN HARDWICK
SELLY OAK BOULEVARD
SLOUGH UXBRIDGE RD
THANET WT WOOD CROSS
WAKEFIELD MARSH WAY
WTON ST MARKS
† NOT OPEN TO SAINSBURY’S EMPLOYEES. UK residents. 18+ only. Mobile Phone & Internet access req’d. No purchase necessary. To enter scan the Quality Street® QR code featured on POS in selected Sainsbury’s stores to launch the augmented reality platform. Once launched, find the Quality Street® tub & tap to instantly find out if you’ve won 1 of 25 Sainsbury’s e-gift cards. Open 01.12.23 – 24.12.23 (daily store opening hrs vary). There are 600 x £20 Sainsbury’s e-gift cards available to be won online (25 x per day) via winning moments, not all may be won. Winners of the daily prize must complete the online redemption form to claim the prize and will be automatically entered (via an online entry box as part of the winners claim process) into the main prize draw for the chance to win £1,000 paid via BACS at the end of the promotion (1 available). All other entrants will be required to submit their details (via an online entry form) to be entered in to the main prize draw. Max. 1 x win/prize type /person & max 1 win/prize type/household. Full terms visit and exclusions; www.nestle-promotions.co.uk/win-qualitystreet-sainsburys.